New posts every week!

Slogan

Nobody does it like Sports According to Neil!



Monday, March 12, 2012

The First Four

     Welcome to the madness my friends. March Madness is here and in full force! Before we get to the heavy weight games, we have to go through the First Four. These are four whimsy games that the NCAA instituted so everyone can feel good about themselves. As you can tell, I'm not a fan. I've always believed in a 64 team bracket and with the addition of all these play in games, the NCAA is rewarding mediocrity. I will still pick them though because technically, the champion could be playing in one of these four games (I highly doubt that).
   
Western Kentucky vs Mississippi Valley - WKU (15-18) is a prime example of my small rant above. ow did they get in? I don't know. I do know that I have Mississippi Valley in this game. The Delta Devils have played harder teams this season and have started to heat up as of late.

Iona vs BYU - I have BYU in this one. They have played some tough opponents and hung with them. The Cougars lost to Baylor by only three points! BYU is also near the top of the nation in a lot of key stats. Cougs cruse in this one.

Vermont vs Lamar - The Lamar Cardinals have this game. They have an amazing post game and average almost 40 rebounds per game. They will flush Vermont out of the glass and win the game.

South Florida vs Cal - South Florida is an upset sleeper waiting to happen. I feel they have gained a lot of confidence in the Big East and when they take on Cal and beat them, teams better watch out. Cal will put up a heck of a fight in what will be the best of these games, but they will still end up on the wrong side of the scoreline.

Well that's the First Four! Check out this awesome video I created earlier today and look for more videos today!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment