New posts every week!

Slogan

Nobody does it like Sports According to Neil!



Friday, September 16, 2011

Week Two Reaction

What a week! The second week of this young college football season really packed a punch! From Michigan to Alabama, there was plenty of good action!

1. ND at Michigan – What a game! Three scores in the final minute and change!  At first it looked like it was going to be all Irish. I was getting ready to eat my words about the Irish this year. Then, before I knew it, Michigan showed some pride and brought it back. What ensued was one of the best 4th quarters we will see this year…or was it? I have to say that sloppiness by both teams made this game the way it was. Blatant turnovers by both the Irish and Wolverines had this game flopping like a fish. Two plays that really stood out to me as just bad where the two big defensive breakdowns in the secondary. When Notre dame scored their final touchdown you needed binoculars to see where the Michigan defense was. On Notre Dame’s side, there was at least four missed tackles that I’m sure I’ve seen high school players make. All in all, I am not impressed by either of these teams. Notre Dame was highly over rated to begin with and is probably heading for a 7-5 season. Michigan will be gaining hype soon because I’m sure they will be getting out to a 6-0, all of them over subpar teams. So please don’t think or say that Michigan is going to the Rose Bowl because I’m sure that their losing in East Lansing on October 15th.

2. Return of the MAC – What a weekend for the MAC! They showed up some big opponents this week! Now, I know CMU and Toledo didn’t put up W’s, but you have to applaud the scares they put into Kentucky and Ohio State. Toledo put OSU on the ropes from the beginning. They were so close, but that tough Ohio State defense shut them down in crunch time. In CMU’s case, Radcliff finally looked like the quarterback everyone wanted. He was leading the Chips on long methodical drives and scoring plays. By the time that the 2nd half rolled around Kentucky put pressure on the Chips and forced them to become a quicker paced offense and before CMU knew it the Wildcats passed them. Though the ending wasn’t perfect, both teams have to be proud of how they played. To me, the MAC is starting to become a tougher conference. They aren’t the Big 10 or anything, but they are now starting to be more than a blow out for major teams. I 
hope that soon, people can respect the MAC as a legitimist Mid Major and give all the teams a little respect.  

3. SEC Dominance- Once again, the Tide showed us how much better the SEC is than everyone else by going into Penn State’s house and straight up beating them. It was a hard fought game, but it’s hard to deny that the SEC is not the best. It is more than likely that they will be putting up their 6th straight national championship to the displeasure of many. Maybe I’m wrong… I hope I am.

Game Picking
It looked like another solid week from Cody and I. We really need to get down to business soon because there are a lot of big games to come.
Well thanks for reading! NFL Preview just around the corner!  

No comments:

Post a Comment