New posts every week!

Slogan

Nobody does it like Sports According to Neil!



Sunday, January 30, 2011

Superbowl Week T-Minus 7 Days

Super Bowl Week is officially here! Today I am going to break down the QB and Wide Receiver match ups.
QB
This is a hard on for me because I look at both of their styles of play and I see almost the same thing. Both Big Ben and Aaron Rodgers can both stand in the pocket and make the big throws. They can also feel the pressure, escape it, and then make a throw down field. Plus they both can make big runs outside the pocket. How am I supposed to pick one?!?! Well let’s look at the numbers. In only 14 games this season, (he was suspended for four games) Ben Roethlisberger was able to rack up 3,200 yards passing and 17 touchdowns. He did have an off game in the AFC Championship game with 0 touchdowns and two interceptions, but I don’t expect this to matter too much. Aaron Rodgers had a great season as well throwing for 3,922 yards and 28 touchdowns. Well, the numbers don’t lie. Given that Ben had fewer games; these two are truly very equal. There is one thing that Ben that has: Rings. I think that his experience will out do Aaron Rodgers.
Advantage: Steelers-1
Wide Receivers
Well the Quarterbacks need someone to throw to don’t they? Unlike the quarterbacks, I believe these two teams have a gap in this department. Sure, the Steelers have good wide outs such as Mike Wallace, Hines Ward, Antwaan Randle El, and Antonio Brown. But the Packers have Greg Jennings, Donald Driver, Jordy Nelson, and James Jones! Both Wallace and Jennings had 1,250+ yard seasons, but Jennings has two more touchdowns and less drops. The four Steelers I have listed have a combined 2,432, but the four Packers have 3091! Don’t even get me started on yards after catch because the Packers might as well be called the YACkers.
Advantage: Packers-1
So today’s advantages look like this
Packers (1) Steelers (1)

No comments:

Post a Comment