New posts every week!

Slogan

Nobody does it like Sports According to Neil!



Thursday, March 21, 2013

March Madness 2013

     Ahhh! It's that time of year again. Spring is on it's way, the weather starts to let up a bit and the smell of freshly printed brackets looms in the air. Yep, it's definitely March Madness. Unfortunately, due to my work load right now, I couldn't give you some massive bracket picking blowout like I did last year, but I can supply you with my first round picks right now as well as some links to my 9 brackets I made on ESPN's website. Yes, I know I have a problem.  From my realistic thoughts, to my coin flip shenanigans you will be able to view both on the blog later today.
     Speaking of coin flips, I did one where I flipped every game of the tournament in hopes of proving this year would finally be the year where flipping a coin would be better than actually picking. If there is a year that a coin flip could win a bracket pool, it would be this year. There isn't one team I feel comfortable saying is the favorite, so madness will inevitably ensue. With that, I invite you to enjoy these first round picks and Happy March Madness!

Upset picks are bold and italicized 

Mid-West first round winners:

Louisville
Missouri
Oregon 
St. Louis
St. Mary's
Michigan State
Creighton
Duke

West first round winners:

Gonzaga
Wichita State
Ole Miss 
Kansas State
Belmont
New Mexico
Notre Dame
Ohio State

South first round winners:

Kansas
Villanova
VCU
Michigan
Minnesota 
Florida
San Diego State
Georgetown

East first round winners:

Indiana
NC State
California 
Syracuse
Butler
Marquette
Illinois
Miami





No comments:

Post a Comment