New posts every week!

Slogan

Nobody does it like Sports According to Neil!



Saturday, October 13, 2012

MLB Championship Series

After four thrilling five game divisional series, it's hard to believe that the MLB playoffs could get any better! The Giants Reds series was an all timer and the Yankees Orioles was a slug fest. I can't leave out what the Tigers and the Cardinals did too. I do have to admit that the four teams we see in front of us are not the ones a lot of people expected.
Besides all the great series I have to focus on the fact that the two top teams in the NL lost in pretty spectacular ways while the AL's Best team for the past two seasons couldn't even get out of the first round. The Rangers were really disappointing. They squandered a huge lead to the A's in the division race and got themselves into the wildcard game with the hot Orioles.
 I half expected the Nationals to crumble like they did, but the Reds not being able to get a single win at home was disgraceful.
Before I make my picks, let's imagine for a second. How incredible would it had been for the Nationals and the Orioles to make the World Series?
Both teams are so close to each other and neither have had a lot of success. If that would have happened, I would have watched every game. It would have been such a feel good story! But the world of sports isn't all about feeling good, so back to reality.
Here's my World Series...











Giants vs Tigers

I have the Tigers beating the Yankees in six games. The Tigers have the superior in almost every category in my book. They got some great bats in that line-up and you can't argue with Verlander and the rest of the pitching staff. Closing the game could be an issue for the Tigers, but I think the Bronx Bombers bats are growing tired. The Yankees will be able to grind out a could of games at their park, but the Tigers will dominate the Yanks with their pitching.

I also have the Giants beating the Cardinals in six games for the same reason: pitching. The Giants have Cain, Vogelsong, and Bumgarner. Those guys can win big games and if he has to, I believe Lincecum can win a game for the boys in orange. The Cardinals will put up a good fight though. Lynn has been outstanding and the Redbirds have just found ways to win ball games. I just think the magic of the last postseason will finally run out.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment