New posts every week!

Slogan

Nobody does it like Sports According to Neil!



Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Wednesday Big Five

Monday Tuesday  Wednesday Big Five!
1. The Pack Attack
Well it was Aaron Rodger’s Super Bowl début and did he ever make the most of it! He was able to throw all over the Steelers tough defense! He was finally able to step out of the shadow of Brett Favre and into the hearts of Packers fans. He would also collect the MVP award, a championship belt, and a new Chevy Camaro. This Super Bowl wasn’t only about A-Rodge’, it was about the rest of the Packers. Of course everyone cares about the MVP, but how about Greg Jennings? He looked absolutely ecstatic! With a line that will live forever “It’s a great day to be great”. I was so happy for all the young guys to get a ring. I can’t forget the old guys either! Woodson and Driver also get their first rings as well! Overall I was very pleased with this Super Bowl! Being a lifelong Packers fan and all, I was truly given chills when they won. I was at the game when they lost to the Lions. I thought at that moment that any chance of the Packers winning it all had died. Sure enough they got hot in the playoffs and made it to the top! Congrats again Packers!
2. Rivalry week
If you were to pick one week to watch regular season college basketball, I would strongly suggest that you watch this week. There are a lot of great games that could catch your eye. Two big ones include the #11 Georgetown @ #13 Syracuse (which I am watching now) and #21 North Carolina @ #5 Duke in the best rivalry of them all. I know, you probably won’t catch either of these after you read my blog, but they will both be big parts in deciding conference supremacy. There are big games every day and there is a loaded Saturday. All of these games have implications for Conference Tourneys and the big one in March. So get your fill early so you can do really good on those brackets in a few weeks (A Few WEEKS?!?! I KNOW!!!!)!  So I have to applaud ESPN for making such a great schedule because I’m hooked this week and the rest of the season! (Check ESPN.com for local listings).
3. Carmelo Trade
Now it’s time for the latest trade rumors in the NBA. Carmelo Anthony has been the center of all the trade rumors since the big Heat this summer. There was a time when he was going to the Nets and now the Knicks look like the front runner. Recently, the Lakers have decided to throw their hat in the ring and say they want him. Both places are intriguing to me. Anthony could go have instance success in LA, but would have to share the stage with the stars that are there. In New York, he would have to work a little harder, but he has Stoudemire. Plus New York is his home town. I can see him going either place, but I feel he would rather go to the Knicks. There’s even more drama. Now there are reports that he would stay with Denver if a trade isn’t done. So whatever happens, I still feel that there will be a power shift in the NBA coming our way.
4. A Friendly Affair
Soccer games were abundant today. There were countries playing each other out on the pitch; battling it out just for kicks though. Many of these games were just tune ups for 2012 Euro qualifying. There was no lack in action today, but there were no upsets. The Netherlands won handily 3-1 over Austria. I strongly suggest you look at the highlights because there are some amazing plays. Other big games included: England 2-1 Denmark, Argentina 2-1 Portugal, France 1-0 Brazil, Germany 1-1 Italy, and Spain 1-0 Columbia. I was also very pleased to see soccer on ESPN as well. I really encourage all of you to get into soccer. It is a great game and we have our own very league! So please, go watch some soccer!
5. Spring Training
Well MLB Spring Training is on its way! The players are reporting and the games are coming! In the upcoming months, I will be giving my predictions for the MLB season. Count down the days, the baseball season is almost here!
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment